A few days ago I asked you to tell me your number one question about lace knitting. The questions below are a compilation of the most frequently asked questions about lace knitting.
Thank you for your feedback, and I hope the Complete Guide to Lace Knitting helps you to becoming a happy lace knitter!
Working With Charts
- “How to read charts?”
- “How does knitting from charts work?”
- “I feel overwhelmed by charts.”
- “How to correct mistakes in a repeat section without taking out a lot of rows?”
- “How to fix mistakes in lace knitting?”
Read more here: How to Fix Your Knitting Mistakes.
Lifelines in Lace Knitting
- “What is the best fiber of yarn to use for a lifeline?“
- “How important is it to use a lifeline?”
Lifelines are covered in a chapter of their own in the book.
Finishing: Binding Off & Blocking
- “What is the best way to block for maximum effect?”
- “What is the best ways to block lace shawls?”
- “Blocking! Need to give tips and hints for blocking! No point in knitting lace if you don’t know how to block…”
Designing Your Own Lace Patterns
- “How I can knit squared lace shawls?”
- “How to construct a Shetland lace shawl?”
- “When and what are the best increases and decreases to use when designing a lace shawl?”
- “How I can knit square lace shawls?”
- “How do you adjust lace motifs when designing from scratch or adjusting a written pattern?”