It’s the Final Countdown! Just two weeks from today, on February 19th, Sock Knitting in Plain English will officially launch. After months of hard work and anticipation, I am so proud to finally share this book with you.
Why I had to Write Sock Knitting in Plain English
The idea of this book wouldn’t leave my mind. I kept thinking about people wasting so much time, energy, and money trying things that would never succeed – waste that could have been prevented had these sock knitters taken the time to validate their strategies at the beginning.
In fact, the #1 question I’ve received, both via email and in private messages on other platforms is:
How do I know if what I’m working on will actually work?
After eight years of helping knitters start with and improve their sock knitting, I have literally worked with knitters on thousands of ideas. I can say with confidence that this is the book new sock knitters need most.
Sock Knitting in Plain English: How to knit socks that fit, master sock knitting techniques and fight second sock syndrome will teach you how to validate your ideas. In other words, this book is designed to help you determine if your idea for your next (or very first!) pair of socks will succeed, or if it will struggle and ultimately fail.
Sock Knitting in Plain English takes you and your ideas through extensive exercises to determine:
- How to get started with sock knitting?
- How do I work heels and toes?
- How can I make sure my socks will actually fit and turn out the right size?
- How can socks be turned into stockings by calf shaping?
- How can sock knitting finally be something for you?
In other words, how does sock knitting work – explained in plain English?
But you won’t have to wait until February 19th to order your very own copy. Sock Knitting in Plain English is now available for early bird order — with some very special bonuses for folks who order a copy (or three, or ten, or more!) in advance.
Order Early for Exclusive Bonuses
To thank you for your early support of the book, I’ve put together some early-bird order book bundles that I think you’ll love. Due to fulfillment options, these bundle bonuses are available only for copies of the book ordered in my shop here at jriede.com.
A kindle version of the book is not available for pre-sale but will be available on launch day, February 19th.
If you order your copy as an early bird (called “pre-order” below) now, the Ebook (PDF) version will be available for download instantly. You don’t have to wait for your copy.
To redeem your bonuses, click on the “redeem bonuses” button below, fill out your information and attach your receipt, and we’ll get you taken care of!
Buy 1 Copy: I Appreciate You! ($14 worth of bonuses)
- Ready to jump in and get started with sock knitting!
- Amazing, clever, and (I daresay) quite good-looking.
- So grateful for your support!
- Excited to see what you knit!
Pre-order the book and get the following bonuses:
- Ebook PDF digital copy of the book (for non-Kindle e-readers)
- Ebook PDF digital copy of my first book, Alpine Lace Stockings
- One 60-minute exclusive webinar “Ask Julia” Q&A session with Julia (priceless)
- Thank you card from Julia, limited to first 100 submissions (priceless)
Buy 3 Copies: Pay It Forward ($242 worth of bonuses)
- Generous, with two friends who are lucky to know you and have your support.
- Eager to share your excitement with friends, family, or potential business partners.
- Ready to start building your business.
- Eager to help you and your friends!
Order three copies of the book and get the following bonuses:
- Everything from the I Appreciate You! bundle
- One 90-minute exclusive webinar master class about sock knitting and design
- Thank you mention here on the Jriede blog with a link back to your website or blog (if applicable) (priceless)
Buy 5 Copies: Pay It Forward (A Little More) ($282 worth of bonuses)
- Part of a mastermind group or book club.
- Planning to read the book with a group.
- Excited to reward you for organizing the reading group!
Order five copies of the book and get the following bonuses:
- Everything from the Pay It Forward bundle
- One physical copy of Alpine Lace Stockings (limited to first 50 submissions)
- One digital copy of Shawl Design in Plain English – one of my favorite and top recommended books
Rules of Engagement
- Bonus packages apply only to purchases of Ebook (PDF) copies of Sock Knitting in Plain English ordered in my shop here on jriede.com. International orders are eligible to receive bonuses.
- Book bonuses are available now until 11:59 p.m. Central European on Thursday, February 18th, 2016.
- The book bonuses that are available now are it; there will not be anything better on launch day.
- Book bonuses apply only to pre-orders of Sock Knitting in Plain English, which must be placed before 11:59 p.m. Central European on Thursday, February 18, 2016.
- Bonus packages are available on a first-come-first served basis, where quantities are limited.
- Buyers are responsible for following the directions, filling out the form, and submitting their receipt. If a form entry and receipt are not received, I cannot guarantee delivery of the bonus package items.
- Offers are good while supplies last.
- Copies of Sock Knitting in Plain English will ship immediately in Ebook (PDF) format.
- Digital bonuses will be delivered on or before Friday, February 19, 2016
- All physical bonuses will ship on or before Tuesday, March 1, 2016.
- Online webinars with Julia will be scheduled by Friday, February 19, 2016, to occur sometime after Tuesday, March 1, 2016.
- Questions? Email email@example.com.
I Appreciate You!
The most important part of this whole journey is you, the Jriede community. You have been my loyal readers, supporting me through eight years of launching new knitting projects and running tests on my patterns. You inspire me every day—to work harder and be better. Thanks for allowing me to be your knitting buddy.